Learners of Business Administration are equipped with the necessary capacity for managing different types of organizations from enterprises to public units; the aim of which is to reach the most effective results. In these corporations, learners could meet all requirements at different positions: personnel, marketing, production, or general management depending on their experiences, interests, or the demand of these companies.
The academic program of Business Administration of Ho Chi Minh City Open University provides students with background knowledge about economics and society besides skills and expertise in management; of different fields to meet diverse demands of organizations and achieve their goals of gaining promotion. The studying program is practically oriented toward a career, enabling students to be promoted to a higher position after graduation.
Those who wish to get the bachelor’s degrees in Business Administration have to meet either of the two conditions as follows:
- + A high school degree or an equivalent following the regulations of the Ministry of Education and Training is required.
- + A degree of Associate in Business Administration or a Bachelor’s degree from another major for those who want to have some courses exempted.
The Online Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration belongs to the national degree system, and the holders of the degrees are allowed to study for master’s degrees.
Type of Degree
Associated with CareerThe need for human resource management in the economy is quite significant where effectiveness becomes the first demand for the existence of an enterprise or organization, regardless of scale. At each management level, management knowledge is always needed, not only in the specific field such as sales, and production but also in leadership, human resource management, or strategic planning.
Each professional certificate is designed in the study program to help learners be able to start their job early and develop their abilities step by step. Right after the first three semesters, learners will possess sufficient knowledge and skills to begin their careers as administrators. After eight semesters (about 2.5 years), learners will be able to be in charge of administration for enterprises. For the rest of their study, 3 semesters, they accumulate general knowledge courses so that they can be granted a bachelor’s degree.
As for learners who have graduated from another university and been working as administrators, the general knowledge and additional knowledge can be exempted to shorten their study time.
Supportive lecturers and officersTeachers of the courses are in charge of each learner’s learning process. Also, students can exchange ideas with classmates or with their teachers via the school forum or via email. Regarding technical problems, students can contact the school’s consultancy center.
Flexible ways of learningMore than 90% of the program content is delivered via the internet. Therefore, learners can get access to lessons, learning materials or exercises anywhere, anytime with a desktop, laptop, or a smartphone connected to the internet. Regarding the experiences, students can see the videos directly, download them in PowerPoint form, or offline scripts.
Praticial curriculumLessons are concisely presented in theory together with practical illustrations relating to international business. Besides, learners come to class once a semester on Saturday or Sunday to exchange ideas with corporation specialists to improve skills: sales, communication, financial management, etc.
Reasonable TuitionDepending on the number of registered courses, the average tuition which can be paid each semester is 500,000VND per credit. Learners enjoy free learning materials and accessibility to the learning recourses.
Nationally Accredited DegreeThe Online Bachelor Degree in Business Administration belongs to the national degree system, recognized by the Ministry of Education and Training. By having this degree, learners can study for master’s degrees.
The program content of the Online Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration includes all knowledge equivalent to that of the face-to-face undergraduate program of the same major. However, it is designed in a practical orientation. Learners will complete their professional certificates to grab employment opportunities at the earliest time. General knowledge is accumulated at the same time or later, enabling students to broaden their understanding of the current context to develop great thinking.
Covering 43 subjects and 107 credits (except foreign languages and information technology), the program is normally delivered within 11 semesters. Although learners can slow down or accelerate their study pace, they have to accomplish these courses in the following order:
- Study Skills
- Basic Management Certificate
- Functional Management Certificate
- Enterprise Management Certificate
- Certificate of Business Environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration
This course provides all the necessary skills that help learners understand their learning process thoroughly, use IT competently for online learning, and develop themselves and their careers.
- 1. Study Skills (2)
This certificate ensures professional competence at the primary level of administrators in the office management, production, supply, sales, and personnel department of an enterprise or organization. At this level, students can accomplish their jobs, which shows their understanding of the purpose of the work and their ability to use appropriate knowledge and skills. Besides, they also can assist their bosses to prepare reports relating to business affairs, administration, and production.
- 2. Principles of Management (3)
- 3. Principles of Marketing (3)
- 4. Business Communication (3)
- 5. Self Management (1)
- 6. Business Statistics (3)
- 7. Financial Management (3)
- 8. Human Resource Management (3)
- 9. Life-Work Balance Skills (1)
- 10. Sales Management (3)
- 11. Operation Management (3)
- 12. Quantitative Analysis In Management (3)
- 13. Internship: Business Project 1 (1)
This certificate ensures the professional competence of administrators who already have experience working in an organization. Administrators at this level can work well in small groups relating to personnel, marketing, supplying, public relations, or implementing projects. Besides, they also have basic knowledge of international business and e-commerce.
- 14. Supply Chain Management (3)
- 15. Customer Behaviour (3)
- 16. Marketing Management (3)
- 17. Value of Life 1 (1)
- 18. Public Relations (3)
- 19. Project Management (3)
- 20. Brand Management (3)
- 21. Value of Life 2 (1)
- 22. Services Marketing (3)
- 23. Change Management (3)
- 24. Integrated Marketing Communication (3)
- 25. Internship 2: Business Project 2 (1)
This certificate ensures the professional competence of administrators who have a wealth of experience working in enterprises or organizations. Administrators at this level can have a general vision of the enterprise, explain the relationship among different sections, and handle the relationship between operation and finance well.
- 26. E-Commerce (3)
- 27. International Marketing (3)
- 28. Business Planning (3)
- 29. Career Management (1)
- 30. Corporate Culture (3)
- 31. Organizational Behavior (3)
- 32. Strategic Management (3)
- 33. Corporate Social Responsibility (3)
- 34. Internship 2: Business Project 3 (2)
This course provides knowledge about the economic, social, and legal environment that affects enterprise activities. After students complete this certificate program:
• They are equipped with the necessary capacity to identify and analyze the effects of these factors on enterprise activities.
• Besides, they can learn general principles to modify determinations and behaviors in the environmental changes as a role of a manager.
- 35. Microeconomic 1 (3)
- 36. Macroeconomic 1 (3)
- 37. Introduction to laws (3)
- 38. Human Environmental Interaction (3)
After having accumulated all the certificates mentioned above, learners will have to study other required courses to be granted the bachelor’s degree in Business Administration. These modified courses are compulsory courses in the bachelor’s degree program, including politics, information technology, and a foreign language. Instead of having to study a foreign language and information technology, learners can replace them by submitting equivalent certificates.
- 39. Marxist — Leninist phylosophy (3)
- 40. Marxist — Leninist Political Economics (2)
- 41. Scientific Socialism (2)
- 42. History of Vietnamese communist party (2)
- 43. Ho Chi Minh’s Ideology (2)